Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Happy Anniversary

30 November marks the special day- the union of Desi Arnaz and Lucille Ball.

Even after Desi and Lucy had divorced, 10 years later, 15 years later and even at old age, Desi never failed to deliver a huge bouquet of red and white carnations (Lucy's favorite flowers) on their anniversary. He never stopped loving her, neither did she stop loving him.

Desi spoke to no one but Lucy on his death bed. Their daughter, Lucie, held the phone as her father was too ill and weak. On the other end of the phone, Lucy realized that it was now or never-- her protective shell crumbled as she cried while repeating over and over "I love you, Desi. I love you. I love you." "I love you too, honey. Good luck with your show. I'll talk to you later." He died 48 hours later. Lucie Arnaz later realized that the faithful day was on 30 November-- their anniversary.

Owing to the great love that resulted in the greatest comedy production I Love Lucy, the world is still laughing today with their loved ones. I hope they're laughing together too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment